The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released a notification for the recruitment of 307 Junior Hindi Translators. The online application process will begin on August 22, 2023 and will end on September 12, 2023.
SSC JHT Notification 2023
Age Limit as on 01/08/2023
- Maximum Age : 18 Years.
- Maximum Age : 30 Years.
- Age Relaxation Extra as per SSC JHT Recruitment Rules.
- General / OBC / EWS : 100/-
- SC / ST / PH / Female : 0/- (Nil)
- Pay the Examination Fee Through Net Banking, Debit / Credit Card, UPI Only.
To be eligible for the Junior Hindi Translator post, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a graduate in Hindi or any other language with Hindi as one of the subjects at the degree level from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate must have a typing speed of 35 words per minute in Hindi on a computer.
The selection process for the Junior Hindi Translator post will consist of the following stages:
- Preliminary Examination: The preliminary examination will be a computer-based test (CBT) and will consist of two parts:
- Part I: General Ability Test (GAT)
- Part II: Hindi Language Test
- Main Examination: The main examination will be a written examination and will consist of three parts:
- Part I: General Studies
- Part II: Hindi Language
- Part III: Translation
- Skill Test: The skill test will be conducted for the candidates who qualify in the main examination. The skill test will consist of a translation test from Hindi to English and vice versa.
The starting salary for a Junior Hindi Translator in the government sector is around Rs. 30,000 per month.
How to Apply:
The online application process can be completed on the SSC website at https://ssc.nic.in/. The application fee is Rs. 100 for general category candidates and Rs. 50 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Start date of online application: August 22, 2023
- Last date of online application: September 12, 2023
- Date of preliminary examination: October 29, 2023
- Date of main examination: December 10, 2023
- Date of skill test: January 2024
For more information:
- SSC website: https://ssc.nic.in/
- SSC helpline number: 1800-11-3345
The Junior Hindi Translator will be responsible for translating documents from Hindi to English and vice versa. They will also be responsible for providing interpreting services to government officials and the public. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong language skills in both Hindi and English, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for the Junior Hindi Translator position will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Hindi or any other language with Hindi as one of the subjects at the degree level from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Typing speed of 35 words per minute in Hindi on a computer.
- Strong language skills in Hindi and English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using computer software for translation and interpreting.
In addition to a competitive salary, the government sector offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical insurance
- Pension plan
- Leave and vacation policy
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts